Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lots Going On Here

Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been since I've posted. I know how bummed I am when I check everyone's blogs and there's no updates. Do you guys feel that way about mine? I love reading about everyone. It's so reassuring and lets me know I'm not alone with some of the stuff I feel.

So, update as to what all is going on. I've been busting my azz in my yard. OMG, it is sooooooo much work. WE have a beautiful yard, however the shrubs needed trimming, the mulch needed to be refreshed and some plants needed to go. Needless to say about 70 bags of mulch, 50 tulips, about 5 shrubs and a bazillion hours later I'm almost done. I started in the back yard. Why you ask, nobody can see that. Well, I know myself, and I knew that after I started and realized how much work it would be that I'd say forget the back yard nobody sees it. So, I started with the back yard to make sure it got done. I did the back yard, both side yards, and most of the front. There is still one big section down in the front by the street that I need to clean out, do some replanting, and re-mulch. So, hopefully within the next few weeks I can finish up.

My dad was here from the 3rd through the 12th. He was house hunting. We were out all day that Friday/Saturday looking at houses. I think we looked at like 23. So in the end, he ended up putting an offer on the very FIRST one we looked at! We both loved it from the beginning, so it was funny to look at all the others because we kept comparing them to the first one. So, after that, we hung out a little and I did some yard work since he was here to hang out with Athena.

Next up, my mom and brother get here Sunday then my sister gets here Monday, so needless to say the next week is going to be crazy! I'm looking forward to it though.

Other than that, I haven't been working out at all, although all my free time has been spent cleaning house and working in the yard, so technically I have been working out just not on a machine or something. My whole body has been aching like crazy. I was literally on my hands and knees today waxing the floors before going outside to work in the yard. Whew.......

One last note, I'm still in a size 6, which are a little loosy goosy, but the scale was at an all time low of 141.4! Maybe I will get to that unrealistic goal of 135 one of these days!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

Hey girl! I am getting ready to tackle my yard myself! EEK! lol

I bet it looks beautiful though! :)

Susy said...

I do miss you when you don't blog. Glad to hear from you. 141 Oh wow Amber. Congrats. Just keep moving. It's ok if it's not on a machine. Bet the yard looks great, that's hard work. 135 here you come! great work!

AJ said...

I just found your blog, but I can tell you I am currently addicted to reading blogs and I check them constantly.

I just has WLS 35 days ago, and reading about everyone else's journey helps me so much! So thanks for blogging.

Amber

www.transforming-aj.blogspot.com