Saturday, August 09, 2008

No Title Today :) Just Having A Smiley Saturday

Not too much new to report on my end. My arm is doing good, still a little sore, but I don't have to wrap it anymore, only at night so I don't rub it or anything. I'm still not suppose to be using it, but man it is hard to not do things, especially when you're use to going. I was reading an old high school friend's blog about her cleaning ladies, and I laughed because I loved when I had my cleaning ladies, but now I love cleaning my house. It just amazes me the way I can go and clean and not get worn out now. Plus I just feel so good about myself for doing it. Oh, by the way, not sure if I've blogged about the deck, but long story short, Steven was surprising me and going to sand/stain it while I was in Vegas in May, well, he got it partially sanded b/c the weather wasn't working with him. Then his accident, so I found someone on Craig's list who finished sanding it. Then we pressure washed it. Well, the day after my surgery, I got a wild hair and wanted to start staining it. Nut Case! Hello, you just had surgery, what are you thinking! Well, I can't use my left hand, but I'm right handed, so what can it hurt. In any case, I did a little, then did a little more Tuesday, then more yesterday. It is looking good. I still have a lot to do, but like cleaning, I'm enjoying it and just so proud that I'm doing it. I think once it's finished I'm going to appreciate it even more because I'm the one who put all the hours and sweat into it! So, that quick note brings me to my ongoing list. I read everyone's lists about what they can do now or what they have done now or what they want to do now...so I figured I'll do one of those. I'm working on it. I'm not doing a set amount like some...10...15...etc etc....I'm just going to make a list of things I've done since surgery that I would have NEVER done at my weight before! Hope you are all having a nice weekend!

No comments: