Thursday, December 06, 2007

Smack.....Today It Hit Me


Ya know you read/hear people talk about how their lives change so much after WLS and how they do things they never did before blah blah blah. I mean, I know things are different for me in so many ways, but today I think it really hit me that things HAVE changed, in a big big big way. It snowed today about 3 inches, so after school of course Jacob was dying to go out sledding so we (me, Jacob, & Athena) all got bundled up and went outside to play in the snow. We were out for about 45 minutes but in that short time we did so much. I was running around, pulling Athena on the sled, throwing snow, rolling up snow to make a big ball and so much more. I would NEVER have been able to do that a year ago. It was such a moment for me being out there having fun with my kids. I think about everything I've missed over the last years because my weight got in the way! I'm so greatful for this second chance in life I've been given.

1 comment:

Susy said...

What a great day with your kids. Good blog! I lived in MO once Amber. You have no idea. 3 inches is mild for Missouri. Get yourself a good coat and some long johns. :)