Monday, June 09, 2008

Life's Twists and Turns

Susy just recently posted things in life happen for a reason.....I guess I will sit and wait to see the reason for this! So, I get a call from my husband at about 1 in the morning early Sunday morning. He tells me don't worry but I'm on the way to the hospital to get stictches, I got hit in the eye. I figure, eh, not a big deal, he'll be fine, yet I still can't fall back asleep because now I'm a little worried. So, throughout the night I get updates and phone calls from his guys he works with filling me in on what happened and how he's doing. Well, not to bore everyone, but basically they had some stupid drunk guests at the hotel trying to get into the night club. Security was escorting them out, my husband was walking along with to make sure everything was OK, when one of the idiots basically pushed through the group came up and shoved my husband and another guy. By the time they got their balance the guy was swinging and connected with my husbands face. After almost 6 hours in the ER, a catscan, 4 stitches, and a ton of eye-exams, he got home about 7 that morning. OMG, his eye was swollen shut and as purple as you could ever imagine. I got him to bed, then up at 9 with Athena (I think she knew she should sleep in). So, after only like 2 hours of sleep yesterday was long. There was swelling behind his eye and bleeding and he has a broken orbital bone (the bone under the eye that holds the muscles etc up. So today we had to go to the eyedoctor that saw him the night before for a follow-up. The swelling behind the eye has gone down some and he could see a little better so the doctor was pleased with that. Then off to the plastic surgeon (He laughed saying he never thought he'd see a plastic surgeon before me). So, he has to have surgery either later this week or early next week. They're waiting for the swelling to go down. The guy who did this was arrested for assult, plus he had two other warrents, so obviously the guy is a troublemaker. The police department is going to obtain Steven's medical records and they're hoping to up the charges against the guy due to the injuries my husband sustained. So, I ask.......why did this happen? He's going to be out of work for at least 3 weeks. Thank goodness it was an on the job injury so he'll get paid and all the medical is taken care of. But even so, he can't do anything, can't drive, it just sucks. I am happy I get to take care of him because he took care of me after my surgery, but it's still hard having to do everything by myself. I just keep telling myself how lucky we are that it wasn't anything worse, that the guy didn't have a gun or something like that. Keep us in your prayers.


Susy said...

OH Amber. How scary. I'm so sorry to hear you hubby is going to have surgery. Thankful like you said they didn't use a gun.
Take care and I'll be thinking of you and your family!

Brooke said...

I just wanted to let you know that I just read your ENTIRE blog. I am going to have gastric bypass hopefully the end of next month and I have been devouring any positive information I can find. I started my own blog to follow my own journey but I am reluctant to release it to just anyone because of the "sensitive" nature of it's contents. I am not very confident with myself at this point. I just wanted to say, we sound A LOT alike and I am glad you have recorded your experiences. I plan to keep following your progress. Great job, by the way and thanks.

Amber said...

Sorry I am so behind on blog reading! I just read this this morning!! :( Your poor husband!! I'm glad he's ok and that it wasn't worse, but omg does it ever suck just the same!!! ((((hugs))))