Sunday, December 28, 2008

Is It January Yet?!?!?

I am so glad the holidays are over. We had a really nice Christmas this year, but I'm just glad it's all over and done with and I can get my house back to normal and get back into a normal daily routine! My brother and mom came out Monday and left today. We hadn't spent a Christmas together in 11 years, so it was wonderful having my entire family together (husband, kids, sister, brother, mom, dad, grandparents). Let's see, quick overview...they got in late Monday night, Tuesday we did some last minute shopping in the ice and freezing cold, Wednesday, bummed out then had Christmas at my grandparents house, Thursday Christmas and dinner at our house, Friday shopping at the crack of dawn for bargins then Christmas at my dad's house, Saturday, dinner again with all the family then friends over for the UFC fight, Sunday.....nice and quite afternoon!
The other Amber posted about presents for your kids and how they have so much. It was absolutely ridiculous the presents my kids had. I mean just completely crazy! Granted, the were getting from my mom, my dad, my grandparents, my sister, my brother, and us, but even so, it was like Santa's workshop blew up in my living room. They got so much stuff I still don't know where to go with everything! But how do you not give your kids a great Christmas? I love that we can do that for them, just sometimes when I look at it and think of others and what they don't have I feel guilty. Guess that's the way it is with many things in life.
Most of my Christmas stuff is upt away. There are a few ornaments left on the tree and the tree itself, and the lighs outside, but that I have to call the company to come take them down. Other than that and the random toys/gifts laying around, everything is pretty much back to normal, thank goodness.
I got lots of goodies for Christmas, however most of the ones from Steven I bought myself. Ii got some new clothes and jammies, which I was totally excited about, but even those I picked out while shopping with my grandparents. All in all it was a nice holiday. We ended up with a white Christmas. It snowed Christmas Eve and by the end of the day Christmas day it was all melted.
Well, I have to work tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. Not doing anything for NYE, Steven works, as he has every year for the last 10 years. I'm sure I'll be in bed before the ball drops!
Also, had tons of crap around the house and I did graze and eat stuff I know I shouldn't have, but thank goodness I'm sitting at 138. Want to try and get back on my protein bars at least once a day and get in more water and commit to working out at least 4 days a week. Those are my goals for 2009!

No comments: