Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Proud however Pathetic

Proud Part:

So, I woke up this morning feeling pumped and wanting to get back on track with eating the right things. My husband needs to lose at least 50lbs and he's been trying to cut back portions, so maybe that's what's getting me! I had a banana protein shake for breakfast and a nice salad for lunch. So far, I've had 2 bottles of water and did a kick ass workout at my dads! My upper body is just killing me. I'm up to benching 70lbs (3 sets of 10 reps).

Pathetic Part:

I have NO self control when it comes to food. As I put it in my mouth I know I shouldn't be eating it, but I do it anyways! I say it over and over again, but obesity is a mental disease, and addiction just like drugs or alcohol. I have a whole new appreciation to addicts and I understand how they call "fall off the wagon". I've fallen off my whole life and I know I will continue, just thank goodness for me when I do fall off, getting back on is much easier than if I used drugs or alcohol. So, the reason for the word pathetic is because I think it is so sad that I had to throw away food because of my lack of control. I tossed out leftover mac and cheese (cold mac and cheese is my fav and so hard to resist), cookies and cream ice cream, cheetos and that's it so far. I'm debating on the dove chocolates. If only I could limit myself to 3 a day or something, but when they're just sitting there in the cabinet it's so hard not to open it and grab one.

Anyways, that's my post and I'm sticking to it! Happy Tuesday!

Meals:
Breakfast-6oz Banana/Vanilla protein shake
Lunch-Salad (lettuce/tom/cheese/turkey/ham/bacos/6 croutons/ranch dressing
Snacks throughout the afternoon-2 slices of swiss cheese, 1/2 c mixed nuts, 2 dove candies
Dinner-Ham/Peas/Mashed potatoes/2 bites of a sugar cookie
Evening Snack-SLIPPED UP! Sea Salt Bagel Crisps & Some Pizza rolls
At least I didn't snack during the day....I will do better tomorrow....nights kill me!

1 comment:

Susy said...

I too can't keep shit foods in my house. I know when there in the house and I think about that sweet snack. So I'm better off not even having that stuff around me. I don't trust myself either. I totally get what you just wrote. And BTW great job on the lifting. Very nice weight, you should be proud! Keep it going Amber, your doing it right and not looking away. :) I'm proud of you!