Friday, January 30, 2009

Addiction Transfer

I read alot about how food is an addiction and after the surgery you tend to transfer that addiction to other things like smoking, drinking, etc etc. I always thought it was bull but I'm starting to rethink that. I am really starting to think that I did have a food addiction and after surgery, I transferred my addiction to shopping. Now, why do I think this you ask....well, over the last several months my spending has be cut because of prices plus trying to save some money up in case something were to happen. I don't go out shopping the way I had over the last year or so. Plus the weather has me inside and not wanting to go out as much. So, I've been eating. Snacking, grazing, way more than normal. I just started realizing what I'm doing. Over the spring/summer/fall, I would go out and work in the yard almost every day, so I NEVER ate during the day, but now that I'm stuck at home more that's all I do. I have to get control of myself or I'm going to end up where I was 2 years ago. I WILL NOT go back there. I never realized how much I graze/snack when I have nothing to do. I mean yea, I clean the house and do the laundry but there's nothing else really that I can do around the house because I can't go outside. Sad excuse, but that's the only thing I can figure out. Where is SPRING?!?!?!?! I'm sick of sitting on my butt, watching Grey's and eating....that's all I seem to do everyday!

1 comment:

Susy said...

I feel it too Amber...

Come on spring... I think your amazing and I wish I was half as tough as your getting working out. Your maintaining and not gaining...be nice to yourself without looking away. And as far as the shopping addiction.....ditto! I can safely say I'm addicted to food and now shopping.

:) Take care of you Amber!