Monday, May 26, 2008

Why Do We Do Stupid Things

I ask this question because I find myself doing stupid things all the time. I knowingly make some of the dumbest food decisions ever. I know better, so why do I do this? Just more proof that the surgery is not a fix, just a tool. I bought some hostess chocolate cupcakes the other day because they just sounded so good and I figured if I open one up, I could cut it into 4 and the have one piece and put it away and make it last for 4 days. Just a little nibble to fill that chocolate craving. So, what do I do, eat the whole stupid thing. I mean seriously, why would I do that knowing I can't handle sugar like that. I was miserable. I literally had to make myself throw up for a little relief and even then I had such horrible cramps and shakes that I just went to bed and curled up in a ball. On a separate note, I made an appointment for a consult with a plastic surgeon for my arm flab. My sister is getting married May 30, 2009, so I have a year to find the funds for surgery. Anyone want to make a donation I have a paypal account LOL. I'm leaving for Vegas again Thursday for work this time. Tomorrow I'm heading to my dads to help him finish hanging pictures. Tomorrow is Jacob's last day at school, he gets out at noon, then he is out for the summer. OMG, what am I going to do with him!!! I'm use to 3 week breaks and year round school........any ideas for inexpensive ways to entertain an 10 year old other than video games?!? Remember I have an almost 3 year old so I have to do things that can include both of them.

2 comments:

Susy said...

Oh am I going to miss that yellow bus picking up my son and taking him away for a few hours. :) We have about 10 days left of school. I'm so sorry to hear you had a rough time with the stupid cake. I still have learned I just can't have it in the house (sweets). Maybe one or two as then I have to share. Juat makes me hold the weight or go up a bit.

Have a safe trip and blog soon. Your my favorite friend! Love ya- Susy

Anonymous said...

Once you get to goal, the real struggle begins. I was so fixated on my "goal" throughout my weight loss journey that keeping my focus and motivation up to follow the rules was easy.

I find maintenance to be more of a challenge because honestly, we sort of become a bit complacent and treat ourselves more often. It's easier to lose that focus we had the first year! I think that's why a bounce back with some regain is so commonplace.

Dawn