Saturday, May 12, 2007

5 Months Ago Today

It's hard to believe it's already been 5 months since my surgery. I got on the scale this morning and am sitting at 207. That's 100lbs lost since pre-op appointment on the 6th of December and 90.6lbs lost since surgery day. Although I've b een sitting at 207 for 10 days, just from April 12th until today I've dropped 14.5lbs. So, if I continue at that rate, I should be at my goal of 150lbs within the next 5 months. Hopefully that's how it will play out! Just within the last month I've lost another 2 inches off my bust, 4 inches off my waist, and 2 inches off my hips. So eventhough that scale isn't moving the way it was before, I am still shrinking in other numbers.
I have one thing I want to ask, and it's probably TMI, but who cares, I post my weight. So, has anyone had crazy periods since the surgery. I normally am always regular and today I started (I think) but I'm not suppose to start until the 23rd. Just a little curious if it's because of the change in weight or what. Up until now I've been regular this is the first time something strange has happened. Anyone who has experienced odd things let me know! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that the irregular periods thing is normal after surgery. Your body has to adjust to so much. I used depo provera so I didn't experience this (no periods).

The weight loss *will* slow down. You'll have to bump exercise up if you want to continue losing larger numbers. It will go down to 1-2 lbs a week eventually...and plateaus.