Friday, January 04, 2008

5 Day Pouch Tightening Test

Well, after reading Dawn blog about this I figured what the heck, I'll try it, seeing how I can totally eat more now that I could even 6 months ago. So far I'm doing good. I had a CIB this morning then a bowl of beef stew (the broth only). We'll see how the rest of the day goes. I've been drinking water like it's going out of style! It'll be interesting to see if I can do it! Here it is in case some of you don't read Dawn's blog:

Day 1 and 2 - liquids.
Day 3 - eggs and fish
Day 4 - loose proteins (ground beef etc)
Day 5 - firm proteins

Have any of you guys ever heard of this? Supposedly it helps "tighten" the pouch back up. I've never read anything about it, but figured it wouldn't hurt me to try it. I figure if anything maybe it'll get me back focused on my eathing and what I'm putting in my mouth. I've been eating like crap lately and I know I can't do that, so maybe this will help me refocus! Anyways, worked out today, only 1/2 a mile on the elliptical and 120 situps,but hey, it's something! I signed up for a belly danching class starting next Thursday. I'm very excited, as it is totally outside of the box for me. I don't do things like that. I'm thinking about joining Jazzercise too. Anyone have any info/opinions on it? It just sounds fun and is pretty inexpensive plus they have child care, which would be great for Athena to start mingling with other little ones and be away from me for an hour a few times a week. Would love to hear what you guys think if anyone has tried it! Still sitting between 143-147 so I can't complaine! Thinking about maybe taking up tennis again too, but need to find someone to play with! Even one day a week would be fun, although it's so flipping cold here that that idea might have to wait until spring! I'm freezing 24/7! Hope everyone is off to an awesome start of 2008! It'll be Christmas again before you know it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Made me sicker than a dog - so wasn't worth it...but you'll have to let me know how it goes for you and if those pounds drop or drop then come back on! Good luck on your adventure Amber!!!