Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

So let's see, a day of cleaning, cooking, eating, family, football, and shopping!

My honey went into work super early today so he could get home for early dinner. My day started around 8am and was non-stop. I got up, got breakfast for the kids, brought in wood for a fire later, cleaned out the fireplace, swept the kitchen floor, vaccumed around the fireplace, then started cooking. We had a super yummy dinner. I made all but 2 things. We had turkey, gravy, cornbread stuffing, bread stuffing(compliments of my Pop-Pop), sweet potatos (compliments of my sister), mashed potatos, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls. YUMMY! I love all of that food, however I skipped the mashed potatos and rolls and endulged in a little more stuffing than I normally would have. For dessert we had 2 pumpkin pies, and apple pie, and some pumpkin spice bread. After a big yummy dinner, my sister and I went through the ads to figure out where we were shopping tomorrow. We realized Michael's was open tonight, so we grabbed the 20% off your entire purchase coupon and went to Micahel's. I really didn't need anything, but I ended up buying a ginger bread house kit, a card shop for our Christmas Village, some Christmas stickers for my scrapbook, a Christmas gift for one of my husband's employees, and "Make Your Own Golden Book" for Jacob to make Athena for Christmas. Then the lady at the check out said Wal-Mart was open, so we headed over there to see if they had any of the Thanksgiving decor marked down. The had NOTHING left! Not even paperplates! So, I bought some cinnamon rolls and a frozen pizza for Steven to cook tomorrow since I'll be out hitting the sales!

Anyways, fixing to take my contacts out and rest b/c my sister will be here at 4:45 tomorrow....are we nuts or what?!?!? First Stop......OLD NAVY for some jeans! After that....I have no clue!

1 comment:

Susy said...

Good Luck with the crowds and hope you find some good sales.

New jeans! Oh yeah!

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!